Trillanes welcomes government probe into parents' alleged deals

Composite photo of President Rodrigo Duterte and Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV




Opposition senator and always-critic of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, Antonio Trillanes IV remains unfazed as the government probes his parents’ supposed deals with the Philippine Navy.

President Duterte on Monday bared that the government is already investigating the said deals supposedly entered into by Trillanes’ parents.



 “We are looking into the paper. We’re investigating the deals quietly, during the time of his father and mother.” The chief executive said

“You can be very sure na lalabas lahat ‘yan (that everything will come out),” Duterte added.

In response, the senator said that he “welcomes” the probe into the transactions allegedly entered into by his deceased father and his 84-year-old mother.

“In fact, I’ll raise the ante. If he finds anything anomalous, again, I would voluntarily walk into any detention facility even in Davao.” He said, challenging Duterte further.

The president earlier claimed that Trillanes took advantage of his father who was with the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

Duterte also alleged that Trillanes’ mother, Estelita, was a supplier for the Philippine Navy, which would be a case of conflict of interest as the senator was then a Navy officer.

He said that the results of investigation would be soon released.

Trillanes had already denied the allegations against his mother, who is suffering from advanced Parkinson’s Disease.




Source: Philstar






Post a Comment

0 Comments